Thursday, August 28, 2014

Recipe Review - Awesome Avocado chocolate pudding

Sounds like it'd be gross, but it's really not.

I tried out this recipe today, from the website Hold the Sulfites.
http://holdthesulfites.com/awesome-avocado-chocolate-pudding/

It has avocados, chocolate powder, honey, and vanilla extract. I thought I could use enough ingredients to make this plausible.

Looks pretty good, yeah?



Mostly, because I don't react to avocados and I can manage honey every once in a while with only a small reaction. Cocoa powder and vanilla extract will both trigger a reaction, so I usually only try them in small amounts and probably should avoid using together.

So today I made a small, vanilla free version of this recipe, using 1 avocado, 2 Tb cocoa powder, and 3 Tb honey.

It very much looked like pudding (I'll put the picture up once I get it on the computer).

The taste, however, was more like honey flavored cocoa, emphasis on the honey. I think I would possibly cut down on the honey next time, or see how it might work with stevia, instead, although I may have put a little too much honey in, anyway. The vanilla might trick the brain into tasting less of the honey flavor, too, so I don't know how that would affect it.

I also haven't yet eaten it after it's been chilled, so we'll see how it tastes after the sweet taste goes down due to the chill.




No comments:

Post a Comment