Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Day 12 - Gluten Free Tortillas

Pinterest Day 12 

The Pinterest recipe I looked at today was Gluten free Flour tortillas at the Art of gluten free baking. No photos because seriously, these things went SO fast I made three batches just trying to keep up with the kids eating 'em!

The Reasons:
Trying to make more things at home for my daughter, who is going to be starting another restriction on her diet which eliminates most processed bread-like goods.

The Ingredients:
What I can use (or rather, what I can use for my kids:
Gluten-Free flour mix
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1 tablespoon pieces
3/4 cup (156 ml) warmish water (about 90 degrees F/ 32 degrees C)
tapioca flour for rolling

What I can't use:
nothing, my kids could actually use all of this at the moment (butter is off and on, but it's on now!)


The Challenges:
Seriously, nothing, I could make it as is.  

What I did:
1. We used Pamela's artisan GF flour, and Ener-G tapioca starch/flour for rolling, and a potato starch based baking powder

Why did I make these choices:
We had 'em.

The result:
Super awesome. as long as they weren't cooked too long, and I kept them on the small side, they were flexible and awesome and the kids loved them.

How would I change this:
Nothing, this was awesome.

Would I make it again:
absolutely

Allergy issues:
It's gluten free, and egg free, but lots of other things could be an issue. More for my kids and super allergic me.

No comments:

Post a Comment