Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Whole30 diet

If you haven't heard of this diet, it's kind of like a modified Paleo, with the theory - as I understand it - to take 30 days to get into a different headspace about food, while eating a bit healthier.

Basically, no grains, no dairy, no sweeteners, no sulfites/msg stuff, and almost no legumes. Meals are based around a meat or egg protein with the rest made up of lots of veggies, a little fruit/nuts/seeds/coconut/avocado.

But without the subs like paleo pancakes and breads, because again, this is supposed to be a mindset thing.

I don't really know how this works for other people, but this is pretty much what I have to eat all the time anyway, when I don't want to react, so I'm trying it for this month to get back to my good diet, and also have some folks who are, for once, eating kind of like I do. :-) Although I suspect I'll have more fats than some. :-)

It's actually helped already, because when I'm tempted to eat things I know I react to, I've been able to tell myself, 'just for the next 30 days, at least.'

I'm looking forward to the company, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment