Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Artichoke Dipping Sauce

I was lucky enough to have a friend donate some artichokes from her garden to my table the recently, and was trying to figure out what in the world I had that could go with it.

No mayo dips, no vinegar, what was I going to use? Yup, lemons it is


Artichoke Dipping sauce
Fresh squeezed lemon juice (processed lemon juice is typically sulfited)
olive oil


Directions
1. Mix the lemon juice and olive oil, whisk together. I had about half and half for proportions - quite sour.
2. When it's well mixed, just use it. :-)
3. It goes nicely with the artichoke, but you have to use it right away, before the lemon juice and oil separate. Otherwise, you'll need to re-whisk that stuff periodically.

Yeah, I know this is the simplest thing ever, but if you're like me, you need all the ideas you can get!

What might make it better: I'm thinking something spicy could be nice, like crushed chile or minced garlic, maybe, if you can have that. 


Product Suggestion:
If you are sulfite allergic and looking for a bottled lemon juice, you should check out this post re: Italian Volcano Lemon Juice, which is supposed to be a Sulfite-free lemon juice. Looks like it could be promising, although I haven't tried it myself so I have no idea how good it is, or how sulfite free.

No comments:

Post a Comment